A Heart So Fierce and Broken is the second book of the Cursebreakers Trilogy.
Find the heir, win the crown.
The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsman Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers.
Win the crown, save the kingdom.
Rumored to be the heir, Grey has been on the run since he destroyed Lilith. He has no desire to challenge Rhen--until Karis Luran once again threatens to take Emberfall by force. Her own daughter Lia Mara sees the flaws in her mother’s violent plan, but can she convince Grey to stand against Rhen, even for the good of Emberfall?
The heart-pounding, compulsively readable saga continues as loyalties are tested and new love blooms in a kingdom on the brink of war.
There are 50 chapters and an epilogue. The story is told from the points of view of Grey, Lia Mara, Harper, and Rhen.
- Harper — A girl from Washington, DC
- Rhen — The crown prince of Emberfall.
- Grey — The Commander of the royal guard.
- Lia Mara — The oldest daughter of Karis Luran.
- The Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition includes an exclusive bonus chapter from Harper's point of view.